Google has taken a new step towards product innovation by developing one of the most powerful voice assistants on the market. It is nothing more and nothing less than "Ok Google", technology based on Artificial Intelligence (AI) that comes to compete directly with other assistants with a well-known reputation such as alexa siri y cortana
It works through voice commands, which would considerably reduce the manual use of the equipment and would allow an effective operation when receiving an order. "Hey, Ok Google, set up my device", is an example of how this system works perfectly integrated both with smartphones and with Android or iOS devices.
But now that we refer to the previous example, we would like to show you how to configure «Ok Google» to my device, so pay a lot of attention.
No matter what the operating system of your cell phone or tablet is, the essential thing is that you have options to configure them simply, quickly and safely. The intention is to enjoy a attractive voice system that further optimizes your experience in front of any device.
Set up Ok Google on Android
The procedure requires the completion of a few simple steps. Afterwards, you can enjoy one of the best Google services completely free.
- Step 1: The first thing is to follow the path to access the application: Google app> More> Settings> Voice> Ok Google> Voice Match.
- Step 2: Now you will have to activate the "Ok Google" option, sliding the respective button to the right.
- Step 3: The next step is to record your voice on the mobile or tablet, so that the system is able to recognize the sound from now on. It is also important to start the wizard.
- Step 4: Before carrying out this procedure, an interface will appear that offers this explanation in more detail. On this window, click on the button Next; then, in the next window, select OK.
- Step 5: What you should do next is to pronounce the phrase Okay Google. Do it soft, strong, and understandable. You did it? Well, click on the button Next and repeat the same procedure a second time. Finish by clicking the button Finalize.
- Step 6: The last step is to activate it so that it works perfectly, use it with the screen off, while you are behind the wheel. Also, when you wear the headphones, through the Bluetooth connection system.
Set up Ok Google on iOS
For mobile or iOS devices, the procedure for setting up Ok Google is also quite simple. And to get good results there are steps you must follow.
- Step 1: Download the latest version of Google Assistant. You can find the APP in the APP Store. The download is completely free.
- Step 2: Before carrying out the configuration, accept the terms and conditions established in the same system.
- Step 3: Access the option Settings from the cell. Then go to the section identified as Crab y Search.
- Step 4: The new interface will show a list of available applications, among which is the newly installed one Google Assistant.
- Step 5: The next step is the activation of the options Siri and Search, plus Suggestions and Allow locked screen. In these two cases, the switch is required to be moved to the right side.
- Step 6: Add the corresponding shortcuts, which you can find at the end of the available list.
- Step 7: Set your voice so that the system can recognize it. To do this, you must press and hold the red button that appears on the screen and pronounce Ok google, hey google or any other phrase of your preference.
- Step 8: As you will have to use Google from the Siri system, the best thing to do for activating the voice command is to say the following: Hey Siri, Ok Google o Hey Siri, open Assistant.
- Step 9: The last step is to say those voice commands previously chosen, but first you must ask Siri in a loud and clear voice to open the Google assistant.
Setting up Ok Google is extremely simple, regardless of your device's operating system. If you want to improve your experience, we invite you to follow the steps previously mentioned.