The Elden Ring patch 1.05 has arrived, bringing with it a host of bug fixes for the action RPG, but some particularly exciting changes.
The latest update for Elden Ring, which is out now, focuses on improving the stability and balance of the game. The patch notes (opens in a new tab) detail fixes for abilities not triggering or working properly, buggy NPCs, weapon issues, and a bug. that sometimes caused Malenia to appear with low health.
Load times on the Xbox Series X version of the game have also been improved, and the online multiplayer connection between PS4 and PS5 players has been made more stable. In-game text has also been adjusted in some places, and an issue has been fixed that prevented some players from triggering Grace's next site after taking down Starscourge Radahn.
Elsewhere in the patch notes, editor Bandai Namco lists some changes that will come in handy if you're in for a second read. When trading with Twin Maiden Husk, some Bell Bearing items have been changed to "its released state carries over" to New Game + games.
Additional sound effects have also been added, notifying you when another player's summon sign appears. The patch also "emphasized the Sacred Flask choice and various other upgradeable options in the Grace menu," though it's unclear what specifically was changed.
Elden Ring has had no shortage of updates since its release earlier this year. The patches introduced major balance changes, fixed some buggy bosses, and restored Radahn's pacing. They also gradually changed the game map of Elden Ring without anyone noticing.
Check out the full 1.05 patch notes below.
Elden Ring 1.05 Patch Notes
(Image credit: Bandai Namco)
- Fixed a bug where equipment could be changed from the equipment menu when using an ability under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug in the "War Cry" skill where the effect would apply to a weapon that was not the target of the skill.
- Fixed a bug where some "Barbarian Roar", "War Cry", and "Troll's Roar" cooldown actions would take longer than intended.
- Fixed a bug where the skill effects "Determination" and "Royal Knight's Resolve" did not always disappear with certain weapons.
- Fixed a bug where some attacks from the "Ice Spear" skill could not be protected.
- Fixed a bug that reduced the attack power of some skills when using the "Golden Vow" skill.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the light wave from the skill "Moonlight Greatsword" to not reach the set target.
- Fixed a bug that caused damage to allies when using the "Seppuku" skill under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that caused the attack power increase of the “Seppuku” skill to be higher than intended for some attack moves.
- Fixed a bug where a status effect was applied when using the skill "The Earthshaker of Hoarah Loux".
- Fixed a bug where the "Waves of Darkness" skill would not hit the enemy with a spinning neckline.
- Fixed a bug that caused unwanted movement to play when switching to different spells or incantations while using a spell or incantation.
- Fixed a bug that increased FP consumption when using the "Magma Shot" and "Roiling Magma" spells while riding a horse.
- Fixed a bug where the «Claw Talisman» effect was not applied when jumping with «Starscourge Greatsword» in both hands.
- Fixed a bug that caused the power of two-handed attacks, except for the "Golem's Halberd" weapon's jump attack, to be different than expected.
- Fixed a bug that when using the "Pulley Crossbow" weapon with the left hand while the right hand weapon received an attribute from magic or item, the effect would also be given to the "Pulley Crossbow".
- Fixed a bug where arrows and bolts that did not match the ranged weapon type could be thrown in certain tutorials.
- Fixed a bug where guard reinforcement would be reduced when certain weapons were maxed out.
- Fixed a bug where weapon attributes could be changed while inventory was full and Ashes of War could not be changed.
- Fixed a bug that caused the "Malenia, Goddess of Rot" boss to have low HP under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that allowed enemies to be attacked from outside the fog in certain areas.
- Fixed a bug in online multiplayer where when a boss is defeated in the host world as a co-op player, the same boss may not spawn in your world.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the God-Eating Serpent boss battle from progressing under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented hostile NPCs from spawning under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the "Alexander, Warrior Jar" NPC event from progressing under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where the “Holy Vial” item would not restore after destroying a group of enemies under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that under certain circumstances, after defeating the boss "Starscourge Radahn", the user could not switch from the map to grace. If you can't switch from map to grace, you can switch to grace by tapping the "Starscourge Radahn" grace.
- Fixed a bug that caused found Grace Sites to not register on the map under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented some graces from being hit when approached in certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that allowed hostile guests to enter boss areas under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a critical hit from behind from hitting in hostile multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that slowed performance when the "Sentinel's Torch" weapon was equipped under certain circumstances.
- Improved online multiplayer stability between PS4 and PS5
- Improved loading times for the Xbox Series X|S version
- Fixed a bug where the master volume setting was not reflected in some cutscenes.
- Improved online multiplayer stability.
- Fixed a bug that caused sounds to play differently than intended in certain situations.
- Fixed a bug that caused the player to become unusable and die in certain locations.
- Fixed a bug where draw and hit detection were different than expected on some maps.
- Fixed a bug on some maps that allowed players to reach unexpected locations with certain procedures.
- Correction of some texts.
- Various other performance improvements and bug fixes
- In transactions with the NPC "Twin Maiden Husk", the following Bell Bearing items have been changed so that their released state carries over to the NG+ game.
- Bone Peddler's Bell/Meat Peddler's Bell/Medicine Peddler's Bell/Gravity Stone Peddler's Bell/Forgestone Miner's Bell/Blackstone Miner's Bell/Glove Collector's Bell/ Glove Bell- Ghost Collector
- Emphasis on the choice of Sacred Flask and various other options that can be boosted in the Grace menu
- Added sound effects when summoning signs from other players appear.
Additions and changes for PC version only
- Added keyboard/mouse operations that can be entered at "PRESS ANY BUTTON" on the title screen.
- Added “Return to desktop” to the main menu system item to exit the game.
- Changed so that mouse click input is not reflected when switching windows to active.
- Fixed a bug that slowed down performance when changing "Screen Mode" and "Resolution" in a special procedure.