If you're having a hard time finding the perfect, yet affordable (think under $100/$100 (opens in a new tab) 100) present for family, friends, and kids, let me point you to a personal favorite: the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite e -reader. This season of Black Friday sales you've saved up to 45% on this purpose-built eReader (in fact, these are some of the best deals ever). Honestly, there are a lot of good reasons to put one in someone's stockings.
But first, let's find out some of the best Black Friday Kindle deals available right now.
Tabla de contenido
The best Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Black Friday deals in the US
The best Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Black Friday deals in the UK
Let me start by saying that I've been using Amazon's Kindle e-readers since the second edition (it had nice physical buttons on the side to turn pages). I've had multiple Kindles since then, and my current one has been in my hands for at least four years. In other words, I am a user and a fan.
None of this makes my observations any less valid. On the contrary, I think it adds credence to all the reasons why I think Amazon's Kindle Paperwhite falls somewhere between affordability and fun, making it a near-perfect buy for Black Friday deals.
In a world where every wearable device seeks to do everything possible, watches measure our blood pressure, and smartphones can detect a car accident, Amazon's Kindle line of e-readers does exactly one thing: they're made to read. .
It's pretty obvious, but it means that every improvement since the first Kindles has been to improve the reading experience and pretty much nothing else. Paperwhite's 300 ppi display is designed for lettering and reading clarity. Plus, it's called "Paperwhite" because the e-ink display has been refined to deliver as white a background as possible on an e-ink display (admittedly, it can also read in dark mode, which puts "white" text on a black background).
8 GB of storage space may not sound like much, but eReader files are incredibly small. You can fit thousands of books and magazines—even black-and-white graphic novels—on a single Kindle Paperwhite. Again, the system is built for playback and you'll never need more space for, say, video or photo files.
Easy to use
Amazon Kindles are generally simple devices. Almost the entire front is made up of a 6,7-inch screen. There is only one button on the bottom edge to turn on and sleep. A touch screen means that the gesture you used to turn the pages of physical books works just as well on a Kindle Paperwhite.
There are plenty of on-screen controls to enhance and adjust your reading experience, including reducing and enlarging the font size with a pinch-and-zoom gesture (what could be easier than that?) and a slider to zoom in and out the backlight. .
Basically, you can hand a Kindle Paperwhite to even the most tech-averse person and they'll figure out how to use it in no time.
Spend five minutes reading on your iPhone, iPad, or Galaxy S22 and you'll be interrupted at least a few times by a notification or even a popup on, say, the web page you're trying to dig into that long read.
There are no such interruptions on a Kindle Paperwhite. You can read for hours without a single text or alert, except for the person next to you to gently snap you out of your reading trance.
Lightweight and portable
Fun fact: Although the Kindle Paperwhite is considerably larger than Apple's iPhone 14 Pro, it weighs a gram less (205g vs. 206g). It's also so slim (just 8,1mm) that the Kindle Paperwhite can slip into any bag, coat pocket, or even your back pocket.
I usually carry mine everywhere in my backpack. And when there's no cell service or internet, I can pull out my Kindle, which doesn't need an internet connection unless you're looking for or downloading a book, and start reading.
Although the Kindle has a glass-covered screen, it's not prone to breakage. I dropped and even dropped my Kindle and the screen barely has a scratch on it. The case is also virtually drop proof.
Best of all, all of these Kindle Paperwhites for sale are waterproof, making them the perfect companions for the beach and pool.
Incredible battery life
I challenge you to find another category of devices that can offer weeks of battery life per charge. The Kindle Paperwhite can last up to 10 weeks on a single charge. Long-term use of the built-in light will reduce this time, but it's still more than fair to expect at least a few weeks of playtime per charge.
The point here is that when you want to read, the Kindle is almost always ready, which is one of my favorite things about the device.
learn for free
Do you remember the libraries? I haven't been there for years, but I use my local library all the time. In the US, we have the Libby app, which allows you to connect to your local library and then browse eBooks just like you would physical books.
This is how I read everything, even best sellers, for free on my Kindle Paperwhite. However, there is a caveat here. Like a normal library book, your payment will expire after 14 days. The good news is that if you don't close the book, you can keep reading until you're done.
Of course, there are plenty of other wearable deals in our Black Friday deals roundup. Check it out before they're all gone.
The cheapest Amazon Kindle deals at a glance
(opens in a new tab) (opens in a new tab) (opens in a new tab) (opens in a new tab)(*7*)More US Black Friday deals.
- Amazonas: 50% off TVs, Apple Watch, clothing, vacuums, and toys (opens in a new tab)
- Apple AirPods 2: on sale for €234 at Amazon (opens in a new tab)
- Best Buy: up to €700 off TVs, laptops, appliances and more (opens in a new tab)
- Cheap TVs: €79.99 Smart TV from Best Buy(Opens in a new tab)
- Christmas decoration: up to 54% off trees, wreaths and wreaths (opens in a new tab)
- dell: laptops starting at €299.99 (opens in a new tab)
- Gift ideas : 40% off Amazon family holiday gifts- opens in a new tab
- Home deposit: 50% off Tools, Major Appliances & Holiday Décor(Opens in a new tab)
- low: up to €750 off appliances, holiday decorations and tools (opens in a new tab)
- Cramming: 70% discount on decoration, furniture and Christmas trees (opens in a new tab)
- Nectar: save up to €500 on mattresses, plus €499 on gifts (opens in a new tab)
- Nordstrom: up to 50% off UGG, makeup, Nike, jewelry and more. (opens in a new tab)
- Samsung: up to €2,500 for TVs, major appliances and smart watches (opens in a new tab)
- Objective: 45% off toys, holiday decorations, coffee makers and more (opens in a new tab)
- Toys: Up to 50% off Best Selling Toys at Walmart(Opens in a new tab)
- Verizon: get free iPhone 14 Pro with trade-in(opens in a new tab)
- Walmart: toys, TVs, vacuum cleaners and laptops from €19.99 (opens in a new tab)
- fair way: up to 80% off sofas, rugs and more, plus free shipping (opens in a new tab)
More Black Friday deals in the UK
- Amazonas- Up to 60% off TVs, Laptops & More(Opens in a new tab)
- Adidas- Up to 50% off Shoes and Clothing(Opens in a new tab)
- OA- Deals on Appliances, TVs, Laptops and More(Opens in a new tab)
- Argus: Cheap TVs, Headphones, and Tools(Opens in a new tab)
- Boots: half price perfume and makeup (opens in a new tab)
- Box- Up to €1,000 off TVs, laptops and PCs (opens in a new tab)
- curry: 40% off TVs, laptops and vacuum cleaners (opens in a new tab)
- dell- Up to 45% Off Laptops and Desktops(Opens in a new tab)
- Dyson- Save €100 on the Dyson Cyclone V10 (Opens in a new tab)
- AND IS: get a 200 GB data SIM card for €23 a month (opens in a new tab)
- Game- PlayStation and Xbox games starting at €4.99 (opens in a new tab)
- john lewis- Up to €400 off TVs and Appliances(Opens in a new tab)
- ninja- Save up to €90 on Deep Fryers and Deep Fryers (Opens in a new tab)
- reebok: up to 50% off activewear and footwear(opens in a new tab)
- Samsung- Up to €250 off phones and tablets(Opens in a new tab)
- Shark- Up to €220 off Cordless Vacuums(Opens in a new tab)
- Very: offers on televisions, Lego and fashion (opens in a new tab)
- Virgin: Broadband offers from €25 per month (opens in a new tab)
- fair way: offers on furniture, lighting and mattresses (opens in a new tab)